Thursday, May 29, 2008

MiniWarrior~ism and Kat~ism

I'm still sick. I was fussed at by everyone so I went to the emergency clinic.
I filled out a crapload of paperwork and paid my 20 bucks.
I followed the nurse back to the doctors office.
She paused by the scale to weigh me.
"I'm here so you guys can make me feel better, not worse!" I groused.
"Oh. HEE HEE HEE HEE." She giggled while the gleeful sadistic wench recorded my weight onto my permanent record.
Freakin McDonalds luring me in with their new golden fried chicken biscuit breakfast sandwich.
*mutter*
The doc came in, poked at my swollen glands and said,"Does that hurt?"
"Yes!" I growled to which he responded with a rusty doctor chuckle and said,"Yeah, I imagine so...har har har."
Evil Sadist Bastard.
He kept asking me if I wanted a note for work. Three times, in fact.
Do I look like I'm 12 and need a doctors note? WTF?
*grumble*
He scratched out a prescription for penicillin and sent me on my way.
Fricken horse sized pills.
*mutter*
Freakin sickness on my weekend.
*mutter* *grumble* *mutter*

On a humorous note....

I called MiniWarrior at his Dads house on Tuesday while I was at work.
During the course of our conversation I mentioned that I was sick and at work.

"I'm sorry, Mom. That sucks that you feel bad."

"Thanks, Son."

"How old do you have to be to be retired?"

"Oh, about 65."

"Wow."

*pause*

"Would you get arrested if you retired before 65?"

"Nope. You can retire whenever you have enough money so you don't have to work anymore."

"WOW!"

*pause*

"I'm saving my allowance so I can retire at 40!"



Hehehe. The kid kills me.

Kills. Me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strep? possibly strains A&B?

Ugh!
Here......Jewish Pennicillin - fresh from my stove to your hands - steamy hot with lots of veggies - good fer what ails you..... and - have a cup of nice hot tea with a dab of honey and a squirt of lemon....
That and a fuzzy pink KITTY blankie and a hug.
Hope your feeling better soon!
scritch scritch scritch
Dragon

Seeking Serenity said...

Beth is such a good mommy-type :)

...Sticks a new stuffed Hello Kitty under the blanket...

-Would you like the tv on?
what a good girl you are...

Jade

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel so bad! Hope the pennicillin kicks in soon!

And Mini Warrior is so smart! I wish I had saved my allowance when I was little so I could retire at 40... Think of all that compound interest!!!!

Haphazardkat said...

Dragonlady: He didnt test me for strep (which was surprising as my throat is very sore)...but the penicillin seems to be working :)
Purrrssssssss at my sweet MommaDragon friend. Thank you for your kindness! Purrrrr Purrrrr Purrrr


Jadey: Oooo Hello Kitty!!! Purrrrssssssssssssssssss :D


Catwoman: MiniWarriors dreams of accumulated riches is often cut short by his desires for another habitat for his imaginary frogs...and another...and another...Perhaps he can sell them later and still retire at 40?? :D

Sultan said...

I am sending you healing vibes through my massive psychic powers.

Seeking Serenity said...

oh if you could only see the pout on my face... aren't you out of bed yet?
can you come out & play?

aafrica said...

what a smart kid! i wish i had thought of that when i was 10. i'd've retired by now!