Wednesday, July 07, 2010

No Baby Bunny...

The baby bunny was gone this morning. I'm hoping it went back to hang with its Mom in a cozy little briar den.

So I have news. My truck. My lovely sweet truck which I have named Savannah--you know I had to name it--is in the truck hospital.

On my way home from work yesterday, on the last leg of my homeward bound journey, on the ramp...she just...quit.

I stared at Savannah in disbelief.

But. You are only 4 years old! You are too young to die! I admonished her giving her a frustrated smack on her steering wheel.

I talked sternly to her and then turned the key. She sputtered then quit.

*blink*

key turn. Sputter. Quit.

*sigh*

I called Lord V and he came and rescued me, pushing Savannah up the rest of the way of the ramp and then it was all down hill to our house.

A bit hairy drive as my steering was stiff and my brakes were bricks but I made it by nursing my emergency brake and putting some oomph into the steering wheel.

This afternoon I left work early and called up tow truck driver who came and hoisted Savannah onto the back of his truck.

"You know" I said to the tow truck man, "I know why my truck quit".

"Yeah? Fuel pump issue?"

"Nope" I reached over and patted Savannah, "my truck is mad at me".

He gave me the hunted look of a man facing a crazy woman with no weapon in sight.

"It's um...mad?"

"Yep. You see" I said stroking Savannah's hood, "I've been squealing over the cuteness of Mini Coopers lately, tossing the idea around in my head about getting one when my truck gets old. Made my truck jealous. Hurt her feelings, I did."

I shook my head remorsefully. "I'm sorry, girl" I whispered.

"Well, let's see if she'll start up for me." Tow Truck Driver said, climbing into Savannah's driver seat.

Key turn...sputter. Quit.

"Nope. Trucks still mad at you!" He said with a grin and strapped a pull chain on the front of Savannah and began reeling her in. "I thought maybe 'cuz you apologized and talked nicely to her she might forgive you and start up again!"

We shook our heads in co-misery as we watched Savannah being pulled onto the truck bed.

"Just between you and me" Tow Truck Driver whispered leaning close to me, "You don't wanna Mini Cooper. I tow a lot of them."

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah. Stick with your truck." He said with a wink, patting the front wheel of Savannah and climbing into his truck.

*sigh* So, I'm guessing sometime tomorrow I'm going to find out how much Savannah's temper tantrum is gonna cost me.

*tsk* Trucks. They are so temperamental!

2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

Sounds like a dead battery (or alternator). Savannah'll go easy on you...

Haphazardkat said...

Q-it was a dead fuel pump! Fortunately my warranty covered it completely--including the tow :)