Monday, November 20, 2006

Goman-Go. Go Like Us!

I had a strange dream last night about Kay Goman, my Freshman roommate in college.
She was getting married on November 30th and was expecting me to be her Maid of Honor.
I panicked in my dream as I had no clue what dress she wished me to wear and had one week to find it.
Turns out it was to be Orange (pumpkin orange) and to have the Sleeping Beauty Disney sleeves. You know, the little poofy capped ones?
Gads.

I haven't heard from Kay in years. She was my Maid of Honor long long ago. She wore a beautiful tea length white dress with a satin pink ribbon sash and carried a single pink long stemmed rose. Why she would torture me in my dream by expecting me to wear an ORANGE Disney sleeved dress--I dunno.

Strangeness.

Why after all these years would I dream of her? And the specific date of November 30th?

I am a bit haunted this morning. I've found her name in People Search online. I might just pay the 9 dollars and get her phone number. If this was just a crazy dream with no reason behind it, at least I will have caught up with an old and dear friend from my past.

8 comments:

aafrica said...

dreams are the strangest thing.

Haphazardkat said...

Aafrica: Indeed! I did take the opportunity to catch up with an old college buddy of mine this morning via email.

Anonymous said...

Did you contact your old friend?

Haphazardkat said...

Loofa: No. I ended up talking to another college buddy of mine. Something about that talk made me wonder if maybe she was who I was supposed to contact.

Anonymous said...

Ah. Well, I was just going to add that if you know what state your old friend lives in, you could just do a whitepages.com search for her name to get her phone number. No paying 9$.

Haphazardkat said...

ksgrrl: I did as you suggested. The site still wants money for me to be able to "email" anyone with the Goman name results.
I might just call information and see if there is a hit for her name :)

Anonymous said...

I had that SAME DREAM before my friend's wedding in September! (Only I really DID have to actually be in the wedding.) Crazy! And yes, I dreamed the dress had to be orange. That's damn weird.

You know what's even weirder?

MY name's Kay. Are you sure you weren't dreaming about me?

I find it a bit alarming that I made a post about you and your long-lost friend into a comment that was entirely and completely about me.

I'm pathetic.

Good luck with your search, and your dream analysis.

Haphazardkat said...

Kay: ha ha ha ha! :D I should look at the dreamdoctor.com site and see if its common to dream about orange wedding dresses?!