Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dinner With Friends

Lord V and I went out and had a post Christmas dinner with friends at their house last night.

You know the Italian movies where they show the families all bustling around the kitchen and dining table, laughing and talking to and over each other in booming decimals while shoving down delicious food with wine chasers?

Yeah.

It was like that.

And it was fantabulously wonderful.

We've all known each other for so long that we move in a rhythm that is family.

We tease. We laugh. We hug. We celebrate accomplishments. We commiserate and share losses.

We love.

And for a girl who grew up where family meant something to be avoided, every time I am with my friends, I feel some empty space inside me fill.

They are my treasures :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How delightful!
Family is where the love is...
I would love to have people to get together like that with in my new life :)
-
My blog doesn't update on your blog list here :(

Haphazardkat said...

Jadey: I can't get to your blog :( I get a server error! (just today though...)
When your blog is private the feed doesn't work--that's why it isn't showing updated on my blog list.

Sultan said...

Right on

ColleenQ said...

My family's more like "Running with Scissors" - crazy and neurotic, the lot of 'em! I'm envious...and touched that you're appreciative of the people in your life.

The only thing better is cats, but they slack in the cooking/cleaning department! ;)

aafrica said...

i once saw a sign outside someone's front door. i regret not stealing it. it says: "Friends: come in anytime. Family: make an appointment."

Haphazardkat said...

Laochie: :)

Q: The only thing I can say about my family is, "thank god i'm adopted..." *snort* and...LOL @ the cats--mine keeps peeing in my walk in closet!!

Aafrica: LOL! I'm gonna have to hunt that one down--its perfect!

Anonymous said...

You dinner friends appear strangely feline-like!! LOL!!

So glad you had a nice night!

Haphazardkat said...

Bob-a-roo: *snort*