Monday, September 24, 2007

Mrowrrrrrrrrr

I'm antsy. And that's never good.

After this last weekend I find myself pacing and feeling sulky.

Ever have one of those weekends where everything you say comes out wrong?

Thursday, my first official day off, I was driving MiniWarrior to school and was joking with him...and made him cry.

Because he is so high functioning I forget (at times) that he is Autistic that he does not understand teasing.
At all.
At best he gets the most rudimentary jokes that a toddler would understand.
For some reason, language humor does not compute.

I know this. Yet I forgot in a temporary moment of levity, trying to make him laugh...I made him cry.

I spent the rest of the day feeling like crap.

Things got better when I went to pick him up from school and he greeted me with a tight hug and a look on his face that said, "I forgive you, Momma."

The next day in another attempt at levity...I managed to piss off my Guy.

Which...left me feeling like crap.

*sigh*

I'm all sorts of discom-humor-ulated now.


5 comments:

Laoch of Chicago said...

Tomorrow will be better. Some days it is hard to find your stride!

Loofa said...

Yeah, some days it just seems best to not say anything ... I hope the rest of your week is better!

R U Serious?? said...

We do NOT need an antsy Kat!! NONONONO!! Always trouble! And isn't your first name trouble?? I think so!!

You will feel better tomorrow and MiniWarrior LOVES his Mom!

Have a GREAT rest of the week and thank you so much for the card!! My birthday sucked but your card helped ease the pain!! TY!!

Haphazardkat said...

Laochie: yeah, ain't that the truth!


Loofa: Strange how those days roll around. It's like a bad wave of karma. Nothing clicks correctly!


Bob-a-roo: wwwwaa?? trouble?!! I'm innocent I tell ya! *grin*
I'm sorry you had a sucky birthday :( where was Mrs Serious??? You know..we should plan a Vegas meet with our blogger friends next Spring--watchu think???

R U Serious?? said...

Vegas sounds GOOD!!!!!