Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ghosts, Goblins and Raisins, Oh My!

After a successful neighborhood candy raid we piled in my truck and headed for home.

"So, what kind of loot did you get?" I asked MiniWarrior.

"Hmm..."

rustle...rustle of loot being shuffled around in pumpkin basket

"There's a KitKat!" He happily called out.

"Score!"

"And a Hershey bar...and some suckers...and a recess..."

"Sweet!"

"You want it, Mom?"

"Yes!"

"You can't take his candy!" Lord V muttered beside me.

"The heck I can't. Everyone knows Moms get a percentage of the loot." I said while reaching behind me for the peanut butter cup clamped in MiniWarriors out thrust hand.

I chomped a bite out of the peanut butter cup and grinned a chocolate toothy grin at Lord V.

"Tsk." He said shaking his head in disapproval.

"Wanna bite?" I waggled the bitten cup towards him.

"Well...yeah." He said leaning in to take healthy nibble outta it.

"Ha!"

"Want another one, Mom?" MiniWarrior offered from his backseat lair.

"No, Hun. That's your candy. You keep it. Thank you!"

"See?" I said shooting a smug look at Lord V. "I can be mature."

"Pfft." He grunted in response.

"Wow I got some Hot Tamales and another KitKat and a Butterfinger and...what? Raisins! Ugh! That's just wrong! They're supposed to give me candy!" MiniWarrior exclaimed, unamused at the abhorrent sight of the healthy treat.

Lord V and I laughed and high 5'd each other.

After all. Halloween isn't truly Halloween til some do gooder tries to slide an apple past your candy guard in the name of their nutrition religion.

Ghoulish good times, Folks. Ghoulish good times.

11 comments:

Sue said...

Ooooh, scary costume!

Lord V? As in... v-v-v-v Voldemort?

Hehehe. Congrats on the loot!

Anonymous said...

We bought bags of candy totalling 200 pieces and had 195 trick or treaters! Yep!! 5 pieces left! Dang!!!! erm... MINE!!!!!!!

But it was a GOOD Halloween!

smizzo said...

I am rolling at the fact that you wanted the KitKAT! So typical.. ;)

Mei said...

I am not sure who enjoys it more, the children getting the candy or me getting to see them all. Who cares? We all enjoy it! lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah, or there's always the dentist on the block that hands out toothbrushes! Talk about the Ebenezer Scrooge of Halloween!

Sultan said...

I used to hate when people gave out healthy treats. It seemed against the rules.

Anonymous said...

Curse those apple & raisen people!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!
But....I always liked the raisens....yeah I know I'm wierd always have been.....LOL!

Anonymous said...

so...i sat and i went through all the boys candy last night - checking for things that weren't supposed to be there and holes and all that stuff that good parents are s'pozed to do....and there was not ONE - not even ONE piece of ONE candy corn in the ENTIRE buggerin bag!
(hops up and down, waving claws in the air)
WHASsAMATTA WITCHOO PEOPLE?!?!?!
No HALLOWEENY IS complete without CANDY CORN!!!!!!!!!!!
sheesh.......

KitKat bar, eh? heh heh heh.....
(walks off snickering)
scritches

aafrica said...

i once had to give out yogurt 'cuz i ran out of candies. i wonder what the kids thought when they spilled the booty on the dinner table when they got home.

Haphazardkat said...

LaChanson: Yep...as in vvvvv voldemort. His name shall not be spoken on blogland. I have been thusly commanded.

Bob-a-roo: only 5 pieces left??? What a ripoff! I feel your non candy pain. ;)

Smizzo: *grin* break me off a piece of that...KIT KAT BAR!

Mei Lian: I am unsure, also. I love most when the old people answer the door and spend a minute chatting to the kids. Everyones face is filled with happy joy in that moment :)

Catwoman: ugh. such wrongness!


Laochie: There was always the old woman on our block who gave us apples obviously freshly fallen from her trees...

Jadey: I know!! Should'a brought some eggs >:)...whatttt...just sayin....

Cindy: I love raisins...at appropriate times *grins* Like in my toast, this very morning. Mmmm.

Dragonlady: *gasp* you know what??? until you said that I hadnt realized that this holiday had passed without me gorging on candy corn!! WHAT THE....
It was such a tradition. One must eat the corn by color...careful to nibble between colors so as not to blend them.
*thunks my head* no cornnnnn...


Aafrica: OMG...ha ha ha ha ha!!! You gave yogurt?!!! I can just imagine their faces!!!