Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Path of Grief

My little family was reminded this weekend of how quickly life can change.

The niche's of our home are filled the silence of grieving. The house feels heavy with the weight of it.

I find myself wishing I was magical. I wish I had an all powerful wand I could wave and make things OK again. But I'm not...and I don't...and it's a terrible helpless feeling to watch the one you love, grieve.

I've been down this road before; the one my loved one now steps upon. It shakes you down to your core. Every step is labor. I can't walk it for him no matter how I wish I could. I can only take his hand and walk along side him and give him the comfort and strength of quiet company.

Life. When going through bad times it seems endless. The harsh reality is that it's but a blink in time.

We plan. We plot. We dream. And swiftly time passes unnoticed until the wall of grief rises up and knocks us on our ass reminding us that we must add one more ingredient to our lives.

Action.

To plan to plot to dream is fruitless without action.

I am guilty of this. I live most my life in a dream state.

I will resolve to change that.

But for right now, I'm busy. Walking the path with the one I love; holding his hand tightly in mine.

I won't let go.

We'll make it through.

I promise.

8 comments:

Sue said...

I understand this path too.

*hugs to you and your loved one*

*psst... I replied to the email for the one you don't check often.* :-)

Sultan said...

Good wishes to your family

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Please take care.
beth

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry sweetheart..
We love you & will sit here quietly with you...

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and heart go out to you and your loved one....
(((Warm Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I too have been down this path. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. Please take care. We are here my friend.

hugs, Bob~

aafrica said...

i wish you the best. hopefully things will take a better turn soon.