Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Sunday!

How's your weekend/s going?

Mine is officially over and I'm back at work.

*sweat sweat toil toil*

I have been sitting here whilst sipping my coffee (ssssssslurp--ahhh) and pondering how fast this month seems to be moving.

Is anyone else shocked that (American) Thanksgiving is this week and Friday is the "official" start of the Holiday Season?

WTH?

Where did the time go?

It seems I blinked and November *poofed* away.

On other news:

MiniWarrior has a new pet.

A Blue Beta fish that he's named Dorie.

Beats the hell outta head noshing bugs, doesn't it?

Speaking of "head noshing bugs"...Molly-the-Mantis still lives.

Her cage is littered with the headless bodies of her grasshopper slaves.

I tossed a few apple slices into the cage for the remaining doomed creatures.

They fell upon the treats with suicidal abandon.


"Nibble, nibble, gnaw,
Who is nibbling at my little head?"

"The Mantis, the Mantis,
The head noshing, Mantis."

"Oh, you dear grasshoppers, who has brought you here? Do come in, and stay with me. No harm shall happen to you."

Early in the morning before the grasshoppers were awake, Molly-the-Mantis was already up, and when she saw them sleeping and looking so pretty, with their plump buggy eyes, she muttered to herself, "That will be a dainty mouthful!"

Mmm Hmm. I'm living in a freakin' fairy tale, Peeps.

A freakin' Fairy Tale.

12 comments:

Sultan said...

Fish are nice pets. I hope you will have a serene holiday week.

Sue said...

We have a fish that start out small
Seemed harmless and crazy and orange, that was all.
He outgrew his jar, and his pretzel bin too
We purchased a tank, we purchased him two.

He kisses the surface when he wants to be fed
It's been three years now, I'm surprised he's not dead.
9 inches long from kisses to tail-fin
I give up little fishy, have the food, you win.

Sue said...

I think I have a video of him somewhere too. *waves to Dorie*

Anonymous said...

HAPPY Sunday!
*SHUDDER* at the head noshing bugs!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.
(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I was back at work today...no pity for you there. :p

I think the time flying by means we're getting older

Haphazardkat said...

Laoch: He wanted a rat...

LaChanson: Did you make that up or is that an actual song?? :D
Dorie "flaps a fin" back at ya!

Cindy:How you feelin? HOpe you had a great weekend! *hugssss*

Slick: First you deny me pity--then you toss in that we're OLD...AAAAAAARGH! You owe me Hello Kittys now. *sniffle*

eyes_only4him said...

it sucks heading back to work huh?..

I was thinking the same thing too, about how the year has just flown by...before we know it it will be new years...damn

Seeking Serenity said...

Oooo soo buggy! Don't tell your son that Betta's are carnivorous & like little bugs-LOL!
I LOVE Betta's, I keep mine in a large vase from walmart-I don't have one now but I've been toying w/the idea;)
Jade

Anonymous said...

Betas huh?? I've had several and they are fun! Just don't place two together in the same bowl!!!!! It is kinda fun to hold up a mirror next to it's bowl and watch him try to attack himself!! Mini Warrior should find much amusement!! LOL!

I'm hoping that you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Take care sweetie, Bob!

Anonymous said...

Well - here we are - another work week - UGH! Fortunately, mine is short (and therefore VERY sweet!).
Beta, eh? Had several....very cool fish! Very pretty fish if you get a male. They will (if you have the patience to train 'em) take fish food from your fingers......um - they will also try to take your fingers... And if you are really really patient - they will suffer their dorsal fins to be petted..... :D
hugs and scritches
the DragonShark

Haphazardkat said...

flipflop: Argh. I'm so not ready for new years!!

Jadey: Its a pretty cool looking fish! :D

Bob-a-roo: I've heard they are very territorial!! LOL @ the mirror idea! Yer evil...Eeeevil!! hehehee *hug-a-roos!*

Dragonlady: I couldnt get the fish to eat. He kept coming up to the top and nibbling at the water but he avoided the beta fish food. Hmm. Maybe he likes finger flavored food best?? *shudder*
*scritch!*

aafrica said...

Kat, please go find help. the Mantis has clearly driven you Over.