Sunday, January 14, 2007

No Mercy

I'm a big believer in the gift of mercy, however after reading the story of the man who abducted two boys, one whom he kept captive for 4 1/2 years...my belief in mercy is shaken.

I look upon my MiniWarrior and my brain rears in reflex Mom pain away from even the thought of him being taken by someone and held captive.

To lose your child at 11 yrs of age and then regain him when he's 15 has got to be staggering to the mind. The tremendous joy and relief will soon pass, I think, for this family. Then the knowledge that this monster stole the last pieces of your childs boyhood from you, will remain.

To be robbed of watching your son grow into beginning manhood. The fading little boy things slipping into teenage years. My heart aches for this family.

I'm over joyed that he is home and alive. But, I'm horrified for their loss.

If there is any justice, someone in prison will remove that kidnapping monster from this world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, what a person deserves isn't what usually happens.

Haphazardkat said...

Loofa: Most times that's a good thing. However, in this case, I'm sad to say it's most likely true.
we have got to do something harsher to these monsters who feel free to snatch up our children.

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: I'm probably calling bad karma down on myself but...I sincerely hope this monster gets what he deserves.