Monday, August 13, 2007

ACK!

I swooped over to the grocery store after work tonight 'cuz Guido-the-cat was out of soft food and making his displeasure known.

I flopped the box of canned food onto the conveyor belt at the checkout stand and waited for my turn to pay.

Hmm. Batteries are on sale. Buy two packs get one free. MiniWarrior needed batteries for his lanterns he bought with his allowance. Perfect. I scooped up 3 packages and plunked them on top of the box of cat food.

Mmmm. M&M's sound good I slipped a pack on top of the batteries and cat food.

Ah. My turn to pay. I shuffled forward readying my grocery rewards card. I held out my rewards card while I fumbled with my wallet to extract my debit card. Realizing that my hand was still sticking out and the Clerk hadn't taken my rewards card, I looked up to see what was holding him up.

He stood frozen. Staring at me then sliding a look down at my purchases. Then back at me with a smirky curl of his lip.

What?

I looked down at my pile of goods: Cat food, AA batteries, Chocolate.

ACK!!

I opened my mouth to explain that I was NOT the crazy horny pms'ing cat woman that he was smirking about--ran the argument through my head--realized there was no way I was getting outta this with any pride--clamped my lips shut, grabbed my purchases and slunk off.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! Been there, done that!! I can also remember swiping my ATM card and proceeding to punch in an incorrect PIN and getting a speech on how the whole process works! DUH!! Shut the hell up!! And quit analysing my purchases!! Sheesh!!! The vasoline and cucumber are NORMAL purchases and the tampons are for my wife, dammit!!!! I probably should have stopped short of telling the guy that the cuke was for my 'turtle'!

I have stopped going to that store......

Besides, they cancelled my rewards card on the spot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat, laughing at this I had to tell my daughter and she just told me about a similar event at her job as casheir.
Durning her trainning she was working with a male casheir and a woman came through the line and her purches were -

Batteries
female sanitary products
KY lube
Condoms
chocolates
whipped cream
strawberries

She told me the (male) person training her froze and looked at my daughter and whispered. 'I can't do this, you do it' and walked away faking that it was for her trainning. My daughter being oblivous didn't realize what was on the belt right away until he had walked away. And then she had to make an announcement for the sku of the condoms, this being done after she had looked at every side of the box and muttered "ooo magnums". and cracking everyone with in ear shot up...

Now, here, I must remind you that my daughter is only fifteen years old.....It has taken me for ever to type out this because I can't stop laughing....LMAO!
(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAOLMAOLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!(snortsmoke)LMAOLMAO(snortsmoke)(chokegaspsnortmoresmoke)giggle..........

THIS made my day!
Thanks for the GRINNING start!

Sue said...

HAHAHAHAH

Wiz's Wench said...

*I* would have said "for twenty bucks, i'll let you come over later and watch". THAT would have fixed him good.

Hmmmm...now that you mention it...I need some double a's myself....

*smooch*

the daffy-dillly mouse

Haphazardkat said...

Bob-a-roo: Vaseline and cucumber...bwaahahahahahahaaaaa!!!


Cindy: omg...15!! Did she die of embarassment??! LMAO!


FirebreathingDragon: Oh sure...LAUGH at my pain! LOL!!


LAChanson: *grin*


Mousie: LMAO!!!!

aafrica said...

hahahahaha!!!

Haphazardkat said...

Aafrica: laughhhhh away at my trauma---laugh away!! :P