Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Cabin~ing We Will Go

Tomorrow I am taking MiniWarrior camping.

Here.



In a cabin.

At a campground with a pool.

I am bringing comfort in the form of a good friend and her son
and cute baby girl.

He whined and said he wanted to go "TENT camping"...

I told him he must compromise with his poor Momma.

I will take him out to the "wilds" and let him "camp"
but it must not be in a tent where crawly things live
and bathrooms are in the form of shrubbery, and blow up mattresses that
deflate in the night--exposing Mom's old bones to hard ground.

*shudder*

He patted me. "I understand, Mom. It's a bummer being old."

...


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S my kinda camping! the cabin looks cozy and somewhere I would love to be....Where is it? what's it cost for three dys?....details details! send me a message....
Oh, and have a wonderful time!
(((Hugs)))

Haphazardkat said...

Cindy: I will email you info :) *huggs!*

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!!! Much better than 'tenting' in the backyard and WAY more comfortable! Have FUN!!!!

ps: I just commented to your leech post

aafrica said...

such an understanding young man. he's gonna make some girl the luckiest one on earth.

Sultan said...

This seems like a better form of camping to me. Hopefully there will be a water bed, cable tv, a wet bar, and food that is bad for you in the cupboards. You know, the usual.

Anonymous said...

Only thing better would be an RV - now THATS camping!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!

Hope you and the lil guy have a WUNNERFUL time!!!!!!!!!

((((HUGS))))
ShastaDragon

Jay said...

That looks lovely, truly lovely, however, you can't really call it camping.

Anonymous said...

Trish and I do that sometimes. I love it. Still have to comforts of home but it's very very peaceful.

Ya'll have fun!

Anonymous said...

Cabins? That's not camping! I hope you at least roast some marshmallows!

Haphazardkat said...

Bob-a-roo: It was WAY more comfortable then the TENT!! :D

Aafrica: *snort*

Laoch: you and I are on the same page!

Dragonlady: It was a grand time! :D

Jay: We cooked marshmallows and hotdogs over an open fire--thats camping in my book! lol

Loofa: we did!! and it is SO camping *pokes tongue in your direction*