Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Cabin~ing We Did Go

Thursday Morning my girlfriend and I packed my (entire) truck full of survival equipment:
Chocolate
Beer
Chips
Hotdogs
Marshmallows
Soda

We wedged the boys in the backseats-around survival gear--and headed out. (Babygirl stayed at Grandmas house)

We arrived and checked in, gathered our key to the cabin and headed over to it, following the owner driving her golf cart.

We were surprised (pleasantly) to find out our Cabin had cable TV!

We dug out our stuff, nested our blankets in our bunks and took the boys swimming at the campground pool. Afterwards we got a bonfire going back at the cabin and started our Hotdog-marshmallow feast.

My girlfriends Son, whom I refer to as "my favorite redhead", spent half the feast time burning anything he could set his hands on.
He discovered a great recipe involving flame roasted Cheetos's! lol



Alas, his culinary skills were brought to an abrupt halt when he singed his chef fingers on a roasting stick and skulked off to watch Sponge Bob while cooling his war wound with ice.



My girlfriend and I hung out by the campfire and sipped beers, talking girl talk and laughing well into the wee hours of the morning.

Next morning, we dragged ourselves up and off to the Campgrounds Pancake breakfast.
Pancakes, sausage, coffee and orange juice! Mmm... and we didn't have to cook it!

Grandness I tell you. Grandness!

Check out time was 11, so we lumbered back to our cabin, repacked the truck and headed home.

Tired. Dirty and gloriously happy.

10 comments:

Sultan said...

It sounds very civilized.

Haphazardkat said...

Laoch: Meh--there were no Cabana boys--but it was livable! :D

Anonymous said...

And a wonderful time was had by all! :D
Very KEWL!
SCRITCHES and ((((HUGS))))
the MovingDragon

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,
Sounds like a wonderful time!
I'm glad you had such a relaxing weekend,
I hope it recharged you to face a wonderful week ahead.
(((Hugs)))

Haphazardkat said...

Dragonlady: Indeed!! :D (happy scritches and hugs to you!)


Cindy: It was a very nice, relaxing time. Everyone was saying how we should have stayed a couple of nights instead of one! Maybe next year we'll plan for longer. Long week ahead--I'm moving the 24th. EEK! I gotta get packing!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a grand time! Better than the backyard? lol

I hope your move goes smoothly.
HUGS~

Anonymous said...

WOWWWW! NICE!
(Dragony skin turning a bit greener)

aafrica said...

i never had toasted marshmallow until i went camping this time. it was so good. and i finally understand what the fuss is all about. and i'm toasting them on my stove these days :D

Haphazardkat said...

Bob-a-roo: It was MUCH better than tent camping in the backyard, LOL!! :D *hugggggg-a--roos!*

Jadey: It was very relaxing! Wish you could have spent the evening with us! *hugss!*

Aafrica: They ALMOST make it worth camping-hmm?!! Purrr purrrr.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.