Monday, October 19, 2009

Inevitable

It is, of course, inevitable that I should fall sick after 3 days caring for my sick MiniWarrior.

I felt a tickle in my throat and chest late Saturday night and woke up with a stronger tickle on Sunday when I headed for work--but I kept pouring tea and airborne into my system hoping to avoid the inevitable.

Suddenly around 10am, yesterday, I was hit with a bout of full body shakes that would not dissipate even while huddled in front of my space heater.

I had brought a packet of theraflu to work with me, but that did not even touch the shakes.

At 11am, I could not fight it anymore, called my boss at home and gave in to the inevitableness of being sick.

*sigh*

Once home, I threw a bunch of blankets on the sofa and fell upon them with a groan of relief. I was home and Lord V would take care of me.

Which he did, wonderfully.

My boss text me a link to the government site that had Swine flu info. I started reading it and then panicked over how MiniWarrior was doing.

I called his Step Mom. MiniWarrior was doing fine--but now his step siblings were sick with it. She had taken her daughter to the doctor because of the 103 temp. Doc told her it was not swine flu, and to treat her with a full dose of Motrin and a full dose of Tylenol at that same time.

I took that advice, drank down a packet of Theraflu which has the ingredient of Tylenol in it and chased it down with 2 Ibuprofen.

I crashed for another couple of hours, woke up and the fever was broken.

Huzzah!

I slept the entire day and night away and awoke this morning with a cough and extreme light headedness...but I think I shall live.

So, my peeps. If you should contract this dreaded flu? Remember, take ibuprofen along with Tylenol at the same time. It really works!

I must away to the sofa now.

7 comments:

Pop and Ice said...

The ibuprofen plus motrin to break a fever is a good trick I learned as well from my kids Pediatrician. You should only do it when you absolutely have to, though.

I hope you are feeling fully better soon and hope that you don't contract the flu. We don't have the H1N1 vaccine available here in Michigan as yet, but I plan on getting both kids vaccinated as soon as it's available.

Sultan said...

I am glad you are feeling better!

Cindy said...

I hope it doesn't take you out for too long....(((hugs)))

Jadey said...

Eek! this flu season is scary!!
:(

Sultan said...

Here is something I think you might find interesting:

http://dailybooth.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better but try to take it easy. This flu is a Really bad strain!

Now! I am NOT going anywhere. Spaces is where I live. I was just frustrated about old friends leaving for Facebook, which I hate, without leaving a forwarding address. As far as comments go, I understand how that works during summer and weekends but I have not been commenting to you nearly enough. I will fix that.

I hope you continue to feel better
Bob-A Roo

aafrica said...

poor Kat, this is really not the way to start off the winter season :( ... but it's sure good news that you are good as new again :D