Monday, February 05, 2007

Fleeting Images of Time

I cracked open a time capsule of my life the other night.

I was given a request for a picture of me past the age of 18 where it showed me smiling at the camera. Hmm. I peeled through sticky backed pages of old albums and chuckled at old High School things that flitted out from the pages, but I found no such picture.

The closest thing I could come up with were pictures of me with a sly half smile.

It is the strangest feeling looking backwards at images of Oneself. My mind remembers the moments those snapshots were taken but it is like looking back on someone Else's life.

I packed up my time capsule and made a note to my inner self. The next time my image is captured on film, I will let down my wall, look into the eye of Time's recorder and smile fully.

This is a happy time of my life and someday when my son peers into my time capsule...I want him to see the true representation of how I felt at this moment in time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a fascinating analysis. I loved it.

So honest.

Haphazardkat said...

Kay: I'm a bit of a smart-ass *cough* so it will be a challenge to lose the sly-smart-ass smile :)

aafrica said...

i was gonna say that, show us the picture.

Haphazardkat said...

Bob and Aafrica: I might have to dig one up :D