Tuesday, February 20, 2007

HELP! Invasion of my youth snatcher!

Yesterday after work I built a fire in my fireplace, fixed myself some snackage, nestled with my pillow and blankie on the sofa and prepared to zombie myself in with a marathon of TV watching.

3 hours later I awoke, the fire was dead, my pillow damp from drool and there was cat hair in my snackage.

Remember when we were kids and couldn't WAIT to become an Adult????

We were so majorally ripped off with that wish request.

Where's the complaint department? I want my youth back!!

7 comments:

aafrica said...

ya i know! grown-upping is way overrated.

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you could just be grateful that the snacks weren't in the fireplace, and that you hadn't drooled onto your cat, which you'd wadded up to use as a pillow?

I don't know. Some days, just being upright is a victory...

Anonymous said...

I was just catching up with some of your entries I've missed and of course -- of course -- while I'm reading about the ghosts, I start hearing random odd sounds behind me. I have a ghost story or too. Maybe I'll steal your stolen idea and share them.

And, well, at least in your adultness you are scrambing to figure out an excuse for your folks because you just woke up at your boyfriends house and even though nothing happened, you are sooo late past your curfew.

Anonymous said...

errr, "you are *not* strambling"

Anonymous said...

Ug,me too...I used to love my one night alone- dancing & drinking. Now I enjoy it by going to bed early. :(

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: LOL! So been there when I had dogs! My ex had a 100lb doberman which thought he was a lap dog :|

Aafrica: grown-upping. I love that word!

Kay: ha ha ha ha!! Guido the cat appreciates that out look!

ksgrrl: LOL! Ah yes, curfew and excuses. How could I have forgotten that delightful pasttime. Sometimes dementia is a GOOD thing! ;)

Haphazardkat said...

Jadey: *sigh* When we are finally old enough to have the freedom to do as we wish--we're too ancient to enjoy it!