Saturday, June 30, 2007

MiniWarrior~ism

I hunkered down with MiniWarrior beside our lawnmower this afternoon, and began teaching him the rudimentary's of lawnmower maintenance.

We checked the gas and oil. MiniWarrior clamped his tongue between his teeth and carefully poured some gas into the tank then, wiping the dipstick clean, he checked then added some oil. I felt a proud pang inside my Mom heart. He looked like a little man in a boy-warrior body.

I hung onto the side of the lawnmower and helped MiniWarrior steer and push the machine around the front yard. Several neighbors drove by and slowed to watch the process with smiles on their faces.

We finished cutting the lawn; I hooked up the leaf blower and he zoomed around the driveway blowing grass clippings and tree droppings away while I finished edging the lawn with the weed eater.

Afterwards, sitting on the front porch sipping lemonade, I told MiniWarrior how proud I was of him.

He grinned, thrust out his little chest proudly and said, "Ah yes, sniff the sweet smell of "MiniWarrior" being responsible!"

Sweet, indeed :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL!! I wish I could have witnessed that!! I'm certain that you are more than proud!

Now how about you two hopping over here and mowing MY lawn!! I'll make lemonade!!!

Take care and have a wonderful rest of the weekend
Bob~

Anonymous said...

How absolutely WONDERFUL! Be proud of your boy/man, Mom!
scritches and (((HUGS)))
the still-vacationing OTHER Dragon

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: Ha ha ha ha!! Man--that'd be a long commute to cut a lawn!! We'd have to upgrade to a riding lawnmower! :D


DragonladyBeth: I can't tell who was more proud, Miniwarrior or me! :)
*happy scritches* to the vacationing Dragon!!

Anonymous said...

lol! that picture is perfect-haha!
look at that tiny crock with his mouth open challenging the world up there!

Haphazardkat said...

Jadey: :D I love that picture too! All ARGH!!! LoOk at ME! I'm the mighty Croc!! ~fearrrr meeee~

Anonymous said...

He's clearly inherited his mama's marvelous sense of humor...

Haphazardkat said...

kay: god help him...