Monday, June 11, 2007

Salut! and Arrivederci

A group of us went to Iorior restaurant yesterday for an Italian cooking class.
We made:
Melanzane Parmigiano appetizers
gnocchi with wild greens and classic tomato sauce
Pork Shank Osso buco with roasted fennel and leek blossoms
and fried mascarpone polenta

It was a grand time of cooking, feasting and sharing multiple bottles of wine with good friends!

It was also a fitting way to celebrate the end of Soprano's. Although the finale show was disappointing, I salute the show that has brought me much entertainment while I was recuperating post surgery.

Arrivederci Tony, Crew and family. You'll be missed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kak - hak - kakahak, I think the Soprano's finale gave me a hairball. Totally anticlimactic.

aafrica said...

are these (those in the picture) the people you went cooking class with? cool! :D

pinknest said...

mmmm, well the menu sounds delish!

Haphazardkat said...

Mike: LOL! It was disappointing but I'm so glad they didn't "whack" Tony!!

Aafrica: No, but the head chef/owner that taught us looked a lot like Christopher from Sopranos and shared his name! He was hot...purrrr purrrr

Pinknest: It was delishious! Suprisingly, the deep fried eggplant was the tastiest.

Anonymous said...

O S S O B U C C O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My FAV!!! Had the best ever at a traditional Italian restaurant last Saturday!!!

(Is it bad that I like eating baby lambs???) I guess someone has to.

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: I didn't care too much for that. It tasted gamey, even after we seared and baked it in delicious broth. *pleh*