Saturday, June 02, 2007

New Era Dawning

I've been given the thumbs up from my Doctor to rejoin the rat race of life.
I'm fortunate in that I'm a quick healer.
I'm also fortunate that I am loved and was taken very good care of during my healing time.

So, now my future stretches before me. Shadowy. A bit ominous. I find myself sitting often lately staring at nothing in particular, reaching inside myself to try and align my thoughts.

I find that the young me is still there. The one who loved adventure. Who embraced change with enthusiasm and looked upon it with excitement.

My young voice is almost drowned out by my older one though. I feel the weight of responsibility. Of what change will mean for Miniwarrior and I.

I've started over so many times that I tire of that line in the sand. I know life is a journey but one would think I'd be past the starting line by now. I feel like I've been running in place.

I need to download the Rocky theme song into my i-pod and drown out this older tired voice that is dampening my younger enthusiastic one.

Risin up
back on the street
did my time took my chances
went the distance now I'm back on my feet
just a Kat and her will to survive
so many times
it happens too fast
you trade your passion for glory
don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
you must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known survivor stalks her prey in the night
and she's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

Face to face
out in the heat
hanging tough
stayin hungry
the stack the odds still we take to the street
for the kill with the skill to survive...

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known survivor stalks her prey in the night
and she's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

Risin up
straight to the top
had the guts got the glory
went the distance now I'm not gonna stop
just a Kat and her will to survive

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known survivor stalks her prey in the night
and she's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

The eye of the tiger......
The eye of the tiger......
The eye of the tiger......



Mrowr

4 comments:

Sultan said...

We have faith in you.

Anonymous said...

With Miniwarrior as your inspiration, the young, enthusiastic Kat spirit will rise again. And I echo Loach's comment!

aafrica said...

love your spirit. you should give the poem a melody.

Haphazardkat said...

Thanks, Folks! :D