Sunday, February 08, 2009

ARGH!

Best laid plans...

I woke up Thursday morning with a terrible backache and stiff neck.

I spent the entire weekend battling it with meds and heating pads, etc.

I have no idea what I did to my back. I suspect its some kind of weird flu that's attacking a weak spot.

Very strange but...

Lord V took wonderful care of me and today I'm well enough to attempt work. Rah. Rah.

Saturday plans of a Chanda trip to the Gorge were not met (obviously) but I did have a moment of joy!

MiniWarrior was playing pirate and buried a pirate treasure box in the woods beside our house.

He made a map and informed us that at 5pm he was going to dig up his treasure.

Lord V and I chuckled and I assumed the (by then) half rotted treasure chest would be dug up someday by a stranger years later...but I underestimated my MiniPirate.

He faithfully watched the clock and let us know in minute increments that it was soon to be 5pm. Pirate treasure time!

Exactly at 5pm, with pirate map, shovel and plastic machine gun in hand (he's a progressive pirate)...he tromped out to the woods to unearth his treasure.

Lord V and I trailed behind him and I managed to document it with the video setting on one of my cameras.

Dang kid cracks me up!


2 comments:

Sultan said...

Feeling better just in time to return to work. Bad beat as we say in poker.

aafrica said...

flu goes to your back? got to be careful.