Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blog Slackah and a MiniWarrior Moment

Yes, I realize that I've become a dreadful blog slacker.

I do have an excuse though!

I maintain 3 blogs now so its hard to update them all every day.

If you don't know which other ones they are (yet)

http://akatseyeview.blogspot.com
(photoblog where I put images Chanda captures)

http://iphone-city.blogspot.com (a photoblog where I put all pics taken with my iPhone of the city Portland where I work)

Now for other news...

I was riding bikes with MiniWarrior up and down our street the other day. He has officially out grown a little kids bike and now rides a 22 speed mans bike. (sigh).

We got to the top of the hill at the end of the street and before I could give my usual Mom admonishment of "look out for cars"... he paused and looked seriously at me.

"Mom, when I ring my bike bell, that means that you need to look out for cars, OK?"

"Good idea, Son. I'll ring mine if I see one too."

"No, Mom. I'll do it. You leave it to me. I'll protect you."

I looked at my not so little man staring across at me with adult eyes and felt a melting and a twinge inside me.

God, he's growing up before my eyes

I find myself clinging to each childhood moment with him now for they are swiftly disappearing into the wonderful man he is becoming.

7 comments:

Sultan said...

!!!, right on

Haphazardkat said...

Laochie: :) He's a great kid :)

Seeking Serenity said...

whew... :)
what a guy!

Anonymous said...

That was just the cutest!! Next time issue a tissue alert first, ok?

Baxter thanks you and sends yo a BIG doggie hug!!!

Haphazardkat said...

Jadey: He's growing up so fast!!!!

Bob-a-roo: *invests in kleenex stock :D*

The Darker Side said...

aww - he's growin up.....sniffle..

we are lucky though....sons do not outgrow their moms nearly so fast as do girls....
my little guy TOWERS over me.... snickers down at me while resting his elbow COMFORTABLY on my head.... but.... when he needs his mommy...... (insert big sigh and sappy mom grin here)

Haphazardkat said...

Dragonlady: He still walks in public with his arm around me...and is still proud of his Momma. I ache for the future when this will no longer be :( but LOVE it while its still here!!