Monday, February 09, 2009

Home Today

I am home from work today. Still laid up with back troubles.

A very good friend of mine who is a professional masseuse came over last night and worked me over. (Have I mentioned how much I love my friends?!!)

It hurt like heck but helped. She and I ended up laughing hysterically mid massage as I'm very ticklish and kept waffling between yelps of pain and squirming laughter.

I lay in the hot soothing whirlpool afterwards til I resembled my 82year old mother...

Alas, the pain slowly crept back during the evening. I'm glad I took the day off of work.

I can (finally) sleep at night but it's fitful as the pain awakens me and demands I move into another sleeping position.

I feel like a 5'4 flopping Salmon dressed in Hello Kitty PJ's.

For those of you who live with chronic back pain...I commiserate deeply with you.

I know this will eventually pass once the inflamed nerves settle down.

It's just hard not to sulk in the mean time.

8 comments:

Terri G said...

ohhhhh Kat! Back pain stinks.

I hope you are much better soon!~

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!
I am sad for you & yet I cannot help giggling at the fish in pj's picture in my head flopping about :D
pinched nerves are the worst
Pets head because I don't want to squeeze you...

The Darker Side said...

ugh - been here, done this - have you tried Lidocaine patches? that and like 4 advil seem to give me some relief.
(gentle scritches to head and chin)
dragon

Haphazardkat said...

Terri: Bleh. It totally sucks!

Jadey: I was! A flopping fish!!

Dragonlady: No? Hmm. I must check out those patch thingies you speak of...

deadites said...

Being tall, I've always had some form of back pain. It's been bothering me in the last week due to the weather changes, and I hate that it wakes me up but I can't go back to sleep because my back needs to be upright. bleah!

BTW, which server to you play on? ;)

Haphazardkat said...

Deadites: back pain sucks! I hope this isnt going to be a common ailment now that I'm in my 40's! I'm with you...I can't sleep propped up--or on my back. I'm a tummy sleeper :)
I think I lost a week of sleep when I hurt my back and couldnt lay that way...
I play on um...hmm...uhhhh...crap! I cant remember the names. Um..black raider ?? and drani? I'll check and get back with ya :)

Haphazardkat said...

Deadites: Ok. I play on Draenor server as Gavirik and Blackwater raiders server as Kataendia.
Do you play??? :D

I tried to leave a comment on your blog but the word verification wouldnt load :(

deadites said...

I used to take Vioxx for occasional back lock ups and it worked wonders, but since it's off the market, I've been switched to it's lower dose cousin, Celebrex. Either way, backpain is usually gone after a dose or two!

I'm on Dark Iron (70 Ally) or Executus (80 Horde) as deadites, so it's safe to say I play. I also have a bevvy of alts since I'm also an altaholic. ;)