Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Antsy~twitchy~pation!

Six years ago I made a friend online through a chatroom we used to hang in. She heard me talking about my son and private messaged me about her Autistic daughter and how my son sounded the same.

We bonded instantly and there has not been more then 2 consecutive days since then that have gone by without us talking to each other.

I consider her my best friend. We've been through everything together. My divorce, her torment on deciding to leave her job to be with her kids, her "oops" pregnancy which brought us (another) beautiful little boy who runs her ragged :)

You name it. We've gone through it. Six years of living shared through chat, emails and phone calls. Laughter, tears, dreams.

Next Thursday, as a gift to me, my Man is flying my friend and her husband from New Jersey to spend the weekend with me here in Washington State. We're excited, scared, nervous, exhilerated...I don't think there are enough Adjectives to describe all we are feeling!!

I'm filled with anticipation and it's making the clock drip seconds in slow motion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I remember now from reading your old posts on Spaces how your son and mine sounded similar. My son also is autistic.

Hope you guys have/had a great weekend!

aafrica said...

can your man fly me over too?

Anonymous said...

It's me, Theresa. Have you met your friend yet?

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: thank you! :D I'm really excited to finally meet her!

Deadites: Wow, I was so excited to see your name in my comment box! Long time no see! :D I didn't realize you had an Autistic son, also. How old is he?

Aafrica: That would be grand, wouldn't it?? We should have a Blog party weekend!

Theresa: No, not yet. Thursday 22nd. I can't wait!!