Monday, April 16, 2007

Project Grrrr: Part 2

Returned to Walmart to return the "Honey, 26 will fit" $@! bicycle tires.

The Returns line wound around a hideous display of fake potted plants, snaked past a Walmart Pedicure office and ended at the entrance to the Walmart restrooms.

And there I stood, trapped; clutching my "Honey, 26 will fit" tires to me like a mini rubber Kevlar vest while hefty shoppers dressed in stretch pants bumped repeatedly into me as they exited the bathrooms.

(Dear God, people, why. WHY must you terrorize me with material that displays every lump, bulge, cellulite crater, one family size Cheetos bag too many, clothing?? Breathe, Kat. Breathe. Phew! Man. Toenail cleaner and bathroom solvents making me dizzy...Huh. Look at that. A sign advertising a book signing by Lisa Jackson on Wednesday. Wow. Wonder who she pissed off to end up doing a book tour at Walmart?)

"NEXT!"

I snapped from my internal revelings and shuffled my way to the Returns counter.

Plunking the "Honey, 26 will fit" items onto the counter, the Returns clerk speared me with suspicious beady eyes.

"Why you return?"

"They are the wrong size."

She picked up the "Honey, 26 will fit" tire that I had spent an %$@! hour trying to wedge onto my bike rim and held it away from herself with the two finger grip of disgust.

"You no use?"

"What?"

"You no use this?"

"Um. No. It didn't fit. How could I use it?"

"It dirty."

"Well. That would be from the $#@! HOUR I spent on my garage floor trying to CRAM it on my bike frame." I said with a gritted tooth smile.

"Hmm."

Transaction complete, I lumbered off to the Bike section to search for the correct size of tire.

Huh. Look at that. 26 1. 3/8 Kevlar Road Tires. Right next to the "Honey, 26 will fit" ones!

I snapped them up, paid and headed home, victorious.

Or was I...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read the "Bicycle Escapade" posts....... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Your descriptions of tools is PERFECT - 'thingys'!!!!! lololol!

Good Luck with the new tires!
Hugs and scritches!
Dragon

Sultan said...

Was the Wallmart "greeter" cute at least?

Anonymous said...

WHY do they put us next to the restrooms??? Ick!
Great pic btw :D

aafrica said...

sorry they didn't refund the %$@! hours you spent on it :(

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Can't wait for part 3!!! Sounds like me buying a bra for my wife! "Honey, 38 will fit"!! At least the tool 'thingy' works!

Mei said...

I am much the coward. I call to the nephews and bribe them to do such work for me. I prefer to leave the "thingies" to them.

I would lose much entertainment and not learn so many new words as they shed blood were I to accomplish this work for myself. ;)

Haphazardkat said...

Flings myself to the Dragonlady and hides beneath a scale. Save me from the bad tires!!

Laoch: She was so old I thought she was part of the garden statues...

Jadey: I know!!!!

Aafrica: Sad business, isn't it?!

Bob: You bought your wifes bra?? Brave brave man...

Mei Lian: A most excellent idea, however I have no such people at my disposal! *sulks*

Anonymous said...

Ah hem....It's Mrs. Serious and as always just catching up. Bob aka Mr. Serious wouldn't know a bra size from a beer pint. Dang don't you love how these guys talk so big...guess it's up to us girls to keep them straight. Absolutely loved this "part 2" Kat, can't wait to read the next series...

Haphazardkat said...

Mrs Serious: HA HA HA HA HA! I suspected the "bought my wife a bra" story was a little stretched! I'm so tickled that you read my stories :D
*sniffs a tear* she likes me. She really LIKES me! :D