Thursday, April 26, 2007

Road Trip With E.W.O.


I took EWO (evil wrinkled one) on a mini road trip today.
She's from Holland and about 20 miles from my house is a Dutch Tulip Farm.
We also visted the Lilac Garden.
I forgot my camera, so I had to make due with my phone camera. Boo!
I must say...it was an enjoyable outing.
EWO lost her perpetual prune look and cracked a smile of happiness.
Hurrah!

Furry Red Tulips



Pink flowers had fallen from a tree and carpeted the grass below.


I had never seen such deep purple colored tulips. They were stunning to see in person.


A rogue red tulip grew between a bushel of white tulips.


I'm sorry my phone camera could not aptly pick up the beauty of the rows of tulips.


Angel fairy statue reading a book amidst the flowers.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Your phone camera actually did them justice!! Glad that you got EWO to smile. That was nice of you ..... you softy!!

(((HUGS)))

Haphazardkat said...

Bob: Shhhh. Tell no one! ;)

Anonymous said...

Mr Serious is right! Those pic's are incredible for a phone..You do a good road trip :)

( It's ALIVE!!--sorry, still finding that funny, I keep hearing the old frankenstein movie voice)

Anonymous said...

furry tulips? that's amazing. :) now i'll have to plan a trip to the botanical gardens in my area.

Haphazardkat said...

Jadey: :D ewo leaves tonight at midnight. Isn't that appropriate???? She just can't leave at a NORMAL time...it had to be...Midnight.
*creak creak* Brainnssssss...*creak creak*

Haphazardkat said...

ksgrrl: The furry tulips were my favorite! :D

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice day with EWO before she's off!

Haphazardkat said...

Loofa: 8 more hours...*shakes*

aafrica said...

tulips are the most romantic of flowers!

Haphazardkat said...

Aafrica: they are so lovely with the endless variety of color. A feast for the eyes! :)