Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Book Goodness!

Let me breath to you a name, Folks.

Janet Evanovich

I had been scouring the used bookstores for a copy of her first book in her number series "One for the money" to no avail. She is so immensely popular that her books do not stay on the shelf!

Borders (bookstore) sent me a $5.00 rewards email notice (you get cash back for money spent at their store over an accumulated time span) so I hot footed it over and snapped up "One For The Money" and "Two For The Dough".

I noticed she's already on book 13 in the series so I have a few to catch up. YAY!
I wolfed down "One For The Money" and I am busy scarfing on "Two For The Dough"

She's a WONDERFUL writer. Hilarious. If you haven't read her, do yourself a favor and pick one of her books up! Start with the first one though. She has characters that apparently follow through her books and you'll lose something if you start in the middle.

4 comments:

Sultan said...

It's always a cool thing to find a writer you like.

Anonymous said...

I love her too. And guess what?? I HAVE That Book!!!!! It's gonna cost you tho! You have to promise to be my friend for Life!!!! And I'm talking a Longggg life!! But I think we already ARE best friends!!!
Send me your address and I'll send you my copy!!

xo, Bob~

Haphazardkat said...

Laoch: It is, especially when you discover a series that is 13 books along! :D

Bob: LOL! We ARE good friends :D and I thank you for the book offer, even though you TRIED to blackmail me (*tongue pokage*)
I bought the first 3 books at Borders! WOO!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wait!! I already have your addy!!! At least your yahoo one!! lol!! Do you have Hotmail too!!
Also, I sent you something VERY funny just now!!
Hope you and MiniWarrior had a GREAT 4th!! We are getting ready to enjoy some King Crab legs and then watch some fireworks!!

*scritch* (from my dog!!!)