Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Post-4th!

So, how was everyone's 4th of July? Hmm?


Mine was grand :) Got to watch the big fireworks with friends and the best part, I got to watch them with MiniWarrior this year as the 4th landed on the day he was at my house instead of his Dads.


Before the big fireworks display, MiniWarrior, his friend and his friends Mom and I, went to set off a few of our own. It was very windy and we were surrounded by beautiful condo's...so I put the kabosh on flying fireworks out of fear of setting them on fire! We had a good time sucking down smoke bomb smoke though. *sniff* ahhhh. Nothing beats the burn one feels way down deep in the lungs from inhaling firework smoke! *cough cough*


Friday night, MiniWarrior and I set off the remaining 6 Roman Candles, we had left over, in our backyard. I was afraid of setting things on fire, but too lazy to drive to the local park, so I came up with the grand idea of shooting them into our creek. Ever wonder how many things are invented because of laziness?!


We stood at the edge of our creek and held the Roman Candles, pointed downwards. I was amazed at how powerful they were! The little explosive balls shot out and whipped into the water, spun around then came flying back OUT of the water and exploded in the air. Holy Crap!

It was totally awesome!!


Some of the exploding balls burrowed into the sandy creek bed and exploded underwater. That ended up being ultra cool because bubbles would appear, float for awhile, then pop and wisps of smoke trickled out of them.


"Your a GENIUS, Mom!" MiniWarrior exclaimed as we stood watching the smoke bubbles sail across the creek.


Why, I believe the child is correct. *poofs out chest* I am indeed!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool of a celebration was THAT!!! Smokey bubbles from the 'crick'!! Holy Cow!!

Glad you and Mini had a great time!! YOU are such a GREAT Mom!! Wanna be mine?? Ummm... ACK!!

Next year... Screw the condos!!!
The child is correct!! You are GENIUS!!! And the Mom everyone wishes they had!

Hope you read my post tonight!!

Sultan said...

It sounds like a nice evening.

Haphazardkat said...

Bob-a-roo: Yep, the smokey bubbles were COOL! :D It helps to be a "good mom" when one is still a kid at heart--ha ha ha :D
Okay. I've thought it over. I'll adopt you...now go mow the lawn, do the dishes and while yer up, bring me a cup of coffee! hehehe

Haphazardkat said...

Laoch: it was grand :D