Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Round and Round With EWO We Go: Send Booze.

Crazy conversation with EWO this morning: Part 2

"Your brother bought me a DVD player.
I said 'what the heck am I going to do with a DVD player?
I don't know how to run that thing."

"It's easy, Mom. Have someone set it up for you in Mexico and show you how to start a movie on it with the right button." I added helpfully.

"Well what do I need with that thing?
I have my tapes and besides, I'd rather have those round things."

"Round things?"

"Yes, you know. The round things that plays stuff."

"CD's? That's pretty much the same thing as a DVD, Mom."

"No no no. Not a CD. The round thing."

"What round thing?"

"Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. The ROUND thing."

What the...is she thinking reel to reel? Did she use to own one of them?

"Movie player?"

"NO! The. Round. Thing."

"Um..."

"The thing you put a needle on."

"Record player??"

"YES!"

thunks head on desk

"Mom, that's like two centuries ago technology, and they don't play movies!"

"Yes well, I like them."


11 comments:

Sultan said...

Wow

Anonymous said...

They (the techno geeks) are re-making those 'round thing' players and apparently the are very nice!!!

Two centuries, huh?? How time flies!! ;)

Jay said...

Haha!
It's hard to reason with a person who refuses to even make sense with the topic on hand. Fun times, right?

Anonymous said...

I have the same type of conversation with my mom all the time!! She cannot undersatand why her cd player wont play a movie--!?

Haphazardkat said...

Laochie: yup. About the only word that comes to mind, isn't it? lol

Bob-a-roo: *grins*

Jay: eeeeeexactly! I'd have thought of records if we were talking about MUSIC!!

Jadey: ARGH!

aafrica said...

it must be exhausting talking to her. is she getting senile?

Haphazardkat said...

Aafrica: Nah. She's always been...crazy :)

Anonymous said...

Oy

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAOLMAOLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

record player?!?!?!
vinyl?!?!?
ROUND THINGY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

thanks for the biggest guffaw I've had in WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the other dragon :D

Sue said...

oh my *blink* hahahahahah

Haphazardkat said...

Loofa: *nods my head and sighs heavily* Oy covers it perfectly :|

OtherDragon: *grin* She makes me CRAZY!! But at times she's hilarious in her insanity :D

Sue: Yup. There should be no question anymore as to WHY i need therapy...LOL :D