Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sprint Sucks

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for 5 years but I'm ditching them as soon as my contract is up January 24, 08.

Did you know that if you change the minutes on your plan--they automatically sign you up for another 2 year contract with them?

I spent an hour on the phone between being on hold and talking to a Sprint supervisor. They won't budge. Change minutes? (thats...change minutes to LESS than you had--I've changed minutes and details on my plan before without having to resign) and you now are Sprints B*tch for another mandatory 2 years.

I explained to the Supervisor that I had planned on renewing my contract with them (as usual) come January...but that now that they were bullying me into staying with them, I would NOT be renewing.

Hasta La Vista, Sprint. Come January I shake the dust off my feet and will never be your customer again.

Just one more excuse to save up for a new i-phone!

**update** I called Sprint and told them I wanted to cancel my service with them. Within 10 minutes I had the service I originally requested with no new contract penalty.
I will not be renewing my contract in January. 2 hours of wrangling and being reduced to rudeness--Unacceptable service.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, thats how most of them work. AND - up until recently, AT&T (formerly Cingular) would not let you change your plan EITHER way (upgrade OR downgrade) before your plan term was up. I had to get papal dispensation 3 years ago to up my plan from a single - 29$ a month plan to a 60$ a month family plan.........go figure - more money for them.......you'd think if the $$ were to their benefit, they'd be agreeable???? Nope.
And furthermore - if you do NOT renew your "plan" at the end of your contract term, you get billed for whatever you have at the "a la carte" rate - WHACK! SLAM!
"Ernestine" Dragon
(and anyone who knows where THAT came from is showing their age! lol! )

Sultan said...

All phone companies seem to be repositories for evil.

aafrica said...

i've heard that's the *only* way to deal with those costumer service people, tell them you are leaving. they will almost pay you to have you stay. they don't listen to reason and have no common sense. just pathetic.

Haphazardkat said...

dragonlady: *sigh* they reduced me to being a RUDE B* on the phone...That makes me think they won after all. :(

Laochie: I think any business that supplies a service we cannot be without holds the monopoly card and weilds it accordingly.

Bob-a-roo: You do? How much does that cost?

Aafrica: Yeah, apparently! I remember when I was with t-mobile. They were offering mucho good services to new customers and wouldn't budge to give me the same kind of curtesy. Treated me like crap even though I had been a loyal customer for years! ARGH.

Unknown said...

My BLOG is rapidly becoming a Sprint Sucks blog since I signed up for EVDO about a month ago.

It's amazing actually.