Friday, October 20, 2006

Comfortable Underwear

April 10
Comfortable Underwear
*Yawn* Aah...another Sunday, another start of my work week. Yes, that's right, I work Sundays.
*Boo hoo's in the direction of all you lurkers sitting in your Sunday PJ's sipping coffee and feasting on Blog-ets*
Of course...my work week is done on Wednesdays and I am off running wild Thursday, Friday and Saturdays while y'all are WORKING!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
*cough cough* (damn hairballs always ruining a good evil laugh)
Anyways...
I had an interesting thing happen the other day at work when I was on my lunch break.
I hoofed it over to Pioneer Plaza Mall and was riding the escalator to the food court below. A young woman was riding the escalator in front of me when she turned and said:
Young Woman: Hello, are you from the area?
Me: Well sort of. I live the next State over.
YW: Oh, well I wonder if you might help me out?
(is she hitting me up for money?)
Me: ....OK?
YW: Yes, I've just recently moved here from England ...
( damn detective skills! I thought that accent sounded Australian!)
YW: and...wondered if you knew where I might find comfortable underwear?
(Of course, Australian accents do sound a bit like English...*blink* Huh? Did this chick just ask me where to buy comfortable underwear??)
Me: ....Uh
YW: Well I mean, I know where in England to go to buy comfortable underwear but I'm quite lost as to where to shop here in America.
Me: *blink...blink* Er...
(say something you moron! She's starting to stare at you. OMG...I've turned into my mother! Strangers are approaching me with underwear requests! ARGH! ARGH!!!)
Me: JC Penny's!
YW: *blank stare*
(crap!)
Me: um...Target?
YW: Oh! Yes, Target! Thanks ever so much!
(phew!)
Me: No problem. Good luck!
(crap... good luck? What a fricken geek!)
Me: Er....welcome to America!
...
(AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!)

@HaphazardKat

0 comments: