Friday, October 20, 2006

A HaphazardKat Morning

March 24
A HaphazardKat morning
Nothing like waking up to the puff of your 7yr old child's breath on your cheek. Grubby finger poking you checking for signs of Mom life...peering intently, waiting.
*puff...puff...POKE...puff... puff*
I pry open one eye and see the blurry outline of another eyeball staring back at me.
(god)
"Mom?"
*puff...puff...POKE...puff...puff*
(groan)
"Mom? Are you done sleeping yet? I'm hungry"
"Grunt"
*POKE...POKE...puff...puff*
"Mom? I'm hungry. Mom? I'm hungry. Mom?"
"mmrph...yeah...food...go...fridge...yogurt..."
"OK"
The sound of retreating feet and blessed silence reigns. Drifting back to sleep.
(God I love the weekend)
*puff...puff...POKE...puff puff*
"Mom?"
"mmrph"
"Can you open my yogurt?"
(God help me...it's the weekend)

HaphazardKat
Copyright 2005 © All Rights Reserved.

0 comments: