Friday, October 20, 2006

Guido Belly

April 08
Guido Belly
Soooo...Last year I adopted a cat from a friend who was moving to Georgia. Great cat...who's name is Guido.
Now Guido is a bit um...hmm...shall we say "slim challenged?" (he's 16lbs) My son and I would often giggle together about Guido and his Guido belly.
I was exercising one day when my son plopped down beside me and asked me why I was exercising. I told him Mom was trying to lose her Guido belly. He and I spent a moment giggling hysterically over that.
"Hee hee, ha ha, Mom has a Guido belly." Became his favorite phrase. I Har Har'd along with him on it cuz it was cute.
Cute that is...until the day I went to pick him up at his Dad's (my ex's) house one night. I was standing talking to my Ex and his girlfriend when my son came running over to me with a big smile on his face.
"Hey Mom!" he bellowed patting me on my stomach, "how's your Guido belly comin' along? You exercised it off yet?" He bent down and staring intently at my tummy tsk'd and said, " Nope, not yet...better exercise some more!"
kids...gotta love 'em right?....RIGHT??

0 comments: