Friday, October 20, 2006

Filtered Innocence

Since the death of his Grandfather, my son has been very curious about God and Heaven. The following is a glimpse of a conversation I recently had with my son.

"Mom, where does Jesus live?"

"In a place called Heaven"

"Where is Heaven?"

"Heaven is all around us, you just can't see it."

"Like an invisible place?"

"Yes"

"Cool"

"So Grandpa is staying at Jesus's house?"

"Yes"

"Do other people stay at Jesus' house?"

"Yes, all the good people live there"

"Wow. Jesus must have a BIG house!"

"LOL, yeah...he does. It's magical. It stretches to make room for all the good people who want to live there."

**serious little brown eyes looked up at me**

"Only good people?"

"Yep"

"No bad people?"

"Nope. They aren't allowed to live there."

"You mean I can talk to all the strangers there?"

"Yes son, you can talk to everyone there."

**pause**

"Wow. That's cool, Mom."

"Indeed"

0 comments: