Friday, October 20, 2006

Don't Call Him, God

April 13
Don't Call Him, God
I got my windshield fixed on my car the other day (procrastination RULES!)
A man came to my apartment to install the new windshield (gotta love home service )...so my son got to watch it being installed.
He is such a curious bug, he thoroughly enjoyed watching the "dude" fix Mom's car. Only thing is, he is now very protective and possessive over the new windshield!!
I picked him up from daycare Monday afternoon and it was raining (again!). Dakota shook his little fist at the raindrops splatting down on the new windshield snarling, "BAD RAIN! Don't you rain on our windshield!"
I grinned at my fierce windshield protector and thought I'd have a little fun.
Dakota? Do you know what thunder comes from?
No?
It's God spanking the clouds for raining on us!
(big chocolate eyes looked at me in awe)
...pause...
Who's God?
(well crap! I've obviously neglected a section of his education!)
Er...well, some people believe that God is a giant person who lives in a place called heaven.
Is he like superman?
Yes, only larger and more powerful.
Wow!
Is he like the Hulk?
Bigger...only not green.
Cool!
(pause)
Mom?
Yes?
I don't think you should call him, God.
Whys that?
Cuz that's a BAD word!

0 comments: