Friday, October 20, 2006

The Kindness of Strangers?

I was sniffing around the Hello Kitty Shop on my lunch break yesterday. The clerks there know me as a regular so they were busy pointing out a new shipment of Hello Kitty paraphanelia to add to my collection.
I told them that I was just "looking" today because Thursday was my 40th birthday and I didn't want to buy a Kitty that someone may have already bought for me as a gift.

**Gives the HINT stare out from my blog to those whom would be responsible for Hello Kitty gift givage to me**

*cough*

anyways....

So...one of the girl clerks pipes up and says, " Oh! My Mom just turned 50!"

" And she said her 40's were the BEST ever!"

"She was really ugly in her 30's and then when she turned 40 "POOF" she got pretty and cool!"

*Pause*

"Um..."

"Um well I mean look at you!" "Yer already pretty so um...think...um...of how great you'll look in your 40's!"

*pause*

"Um...well...um...have a great birthday!"

Find a happy place....find a happy place....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah ha! You're a libra too! All the cool kids are y'know.