Friday, October 20, 2006

Workin' It For The Dew

I rolled over this morning and opened my eyes to little brown eyes staring back at me intently.

"Good morning, Mom"

*big 7 year old grin*

"Mornin', Son"

*quirk of the Mom eyebrow*

"I love you, Mom"

*big 7 year old grin spreading wider exposing 6 year old molars*

"I love you too, Son"

*Mom eyes narrowing suspiciously*

"You're the best Mom"

*little body snuggling closer and gripping me in a hug*

"Thank you. You're my favorite Son"

*enjoys the snuggles while Mom alarms are beeping "beep! beep!--manipulation alert!"*

"Mommmm...I'm your ONLY Son, silly!"

"Uh huh. But yer still my favorite."

*Mom lips curling into a loving smirky smile*

*little body wiggles closer*

"Say, Mom..."

*little hand petting my arm*

"Yes....?"

*Re-quirk of the Mom eyebrow*

"I noticed there was a Mountain Dew in the fridge..."

*rapid batting of big chocolate brown eyes, wider grin...pet pet of the Mom arm*

"You aren't having Mountain Dew for breakfast."

"Ahhhh MAN!!!"

*STOMP STOMP of angry 7 year old leaving my room*


hehehehe...behold the power of the Mom.

0 comments: